Remain on top of tax regulations – Basics of Tax Treaties
The MCCI Business School is continuing its series courses in taxation to provide a better understanding of the practical application of the domestic tax laws. The objective of the courses is to provide effective solutions and strategies in order to handle diverse tax problems.
Courses will be conducted by Mr Kader Mungly, Tax Consultant, Chartered Accountant, M Com. (South African and International Taxation), and MTP (SA)
All courses are MQA (see enclosed scanned MQA Approval – kindly insert as hyperlink) approved and are refundable by the HRDC. A certificate of attendance will be awarded to the participants.
PROGRAMMES – 21st of November 2017
Basics of Tax Treaties – Provisions of the OECD Model Tax Convention
- Overview of tax treaties
- Entitlement to tax treaty benefits
- Income from immovable property and capital gains
- The Preliminary definition of Permanent Establishment
- PE – Multiple places of business para. 3 to 7
- Business Profits – Income attributable to a PE
- Tax issues relating to Electronic Commerce
- Independent Personal Services
- International Shipping and Air Transport
- Adjusting income of associated enterprises & Mutual Agreement Procedures
Course Objectives: The course consists of modules covering articles of the OECD Model tax treaty as well as set case studies and questions and answers to cover the topics covered at each session.
Who should attend: The course is designed for accounting and taxation staff involved in taxation in general, especially in tax administration. Participants must have a good knowledge of domestic tax.
Courses Fees: Rs 6,000.00
Venue for the course : MCCI Business School
BM-MCCI Building, Ebène Cybercity
Tel: 454-8950 – Fax: 454-8960